In this blog, we shall explain what is a Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control, how to use them, which Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control are good, their price range, their pros & cons and most importantly, what are the alternatives to Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control.
If you really like clicking “good” pictures, you’d definitely know the struggle we all go through, to get that one out of those thousand pictures.
So, if you’re one of those (like me), you’ll find this blog useful. You’d want to thank me when this ends because I know you will (Your Instagram feed is going to get a makeover).
So what is this device?
What is a Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control
If you have ever had a Television at your place (which obviously, I’m assuming you’ve had), you’d know, how a remote controls it.
Now, if the explanation was enough for your understanding, I’d add by saying, Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control is a small remote control that you connect to your phone ( via Bluetooth) which activates the shutter button to click photos from a distance (meaning, you can use that cute little device to click your pictures).
These remote controls have different names in the market, few of them are as follows:
- Camera Remote
- Camera Shutter
- Remote Shutter
- Bluetooth Camera Remote Shutter
- Wireless Camera Remote Control
- Bluetooth Camera Remote
- Remote Control Camera
- Remote Shutter Release
And how to use it?
How to use Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control
First things first, if you’re intending to click some amazing pictures, Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control is your go to.
All you have to do is:
- Get your remote shutter to pair with your phone via Bluetooth (Obviously).
- Set your phone someplace for the picture (you can use a Tripod)
- With the Remote control in your hand, click your pictures.
Why to use it? Since you’re not even touching your phone to click a picture or set an angle, there is no way you’ve made any mistake while clicking the picture.
The Remote Control gives best results if your phone has a stable base, more like, when you use a Tripod.
Which ones are good?
Which Bluetooth Selfie Remote Controls are good?
#1 Skudgear Premium Bluetooth Selfie Remote Shutter
- Designed for both Android and iPhone, this Remote Shutter is doing well in the market. The Shutter can work up to 30 feet from your phone influencing it to be an ideal for good selfies and group pictures.
- Skudgear is ultra-compact, as it is very small and lightweight, it is small enough to keep as a keychain.
- It is easy to pair and eliminates any camera shakes and gives you quality pictures every time.
You can buy Skudgear Premium Bluetooth selfie Remote Shutter here!
#2 Marklif Wireless Bluetooth Shutter Remote Controller
- Marklif designed this device for iOS and Android smartphones or tablets.
- It is small size and portable, easy to store and carry. To add on, it is a plastic material, eco-friendly and durable.
- It is also, operation up to 30 feet. Compatible with iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5S, 5C, 4, 4S; iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini, Mini 2, Air; Samsung Galaxy S9+, S9, S8, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, S5, S4, S4 Mini, S5, S5 Mini, Note 2, Note 3 Note 5; and other android devices.
You can buy Marklif Wireless Bluetooth Shutter Remote Controller here!
What is the price range of Bluetooth Selfie Remote Controls?
I would not say that Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control are inexpensive, but they are a good buy if you are too much into taking good pictures.
They range from about $5 to $30.
Apart from being a good investment, these remote control helps you explore photography on a different level.
Lets have a look at Benefits
Advantages of Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control
- As soon as we press the button to click a picture, believe it or not, even if we try not to move the camera, it causes noise. That’s the first mistake you’ve already made. Clicking a picture using the Remote control, causes no noise because your phone is not in your hand. Smartphones are so light, even a little tap makes them move.
- Using the Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control, you can now take pictures where there is no hand on the edge of every selfie that we take with our hand.
- There is no need to have that one person out from a group picture (usually the one who clicks the picture)
- With the Shutter Remotes, there is space (up to 30 feet) between the camera and the person, which helps the person take a good selfie, without letting their face look big.
- When we ask someone to take our picture, we’re often not satisfied with the pictures others click for us, that’s where the Bluetooth Shutter remote comes as a great help!
Disadvantages of Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control
- These devices don’t last very long and are not reliable.
- Bluetooth devices can be complicated at times. You take time to pair with your phone.
- Not everyone is willing to invest their money in a device that only helps you click good pictures. People tend to consider them expensive because of the price range they have.
What are the Alternatives?
Alternatives to Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control
Gone are the days when you need hard ware for such things. There are beautiful softwares/applications designed to deliver better results with many more functionalities!
Move on from Bluetooth Selfie Remote Controls and use Fotoshoto.
Fotoshoto! What is it?
What is Fotoshoto?
Fotoshoto is the remote control of your phone camera.
You do not need to buy any device to click your pictures from a distance. If you have an old phone lying around, you can easily put it to good use by turning the old phone into a Camera Remote. You can even use your parents’ or friends’ phone too & make that a Camera Remote whenever required.
And how to use Fotoshoto?
How To Use Fotoshoto
- Install fotoshoto on two android phones.
- Create User id on both phones.
- Open fotoshoto app on both phones.
- Make sure both phones are kept close by.
- Click on Pair New Device on any one phone.
- App will start searching for another phone. It might take few seconds to search.
- Once other phone is searched, click on it to Pair.
- The other phone will get Pairing Request. Accept it.
- Once paired, you can view the photo preview from one phone to another.
- Pose as you wish and click!
But why Fotoshoto is better?
Why is Fotoshoto better than Bluetooth Selfie Remote Control?
A bluetooth Selfie Remote Control can be used ONLY to activate camera shutter click from a distance whereas with Fotoshoto, you can the following additional features:
- Live & fast preview screen
- Remote camera control
- Take remote pictures
- Pictures are being saved in both remote shutter and camera in full quality!
- Set delay timer
- No internet connection is needed
- Pictures can be taken remotely with over 100m distance!
- All android versions are supported
How to get Fotoshoto?
Where to download fotoshoto from?
As of now, Fotoshoto is available for all Android Devices on Playstore.
You can download Fotoshoto from here!
The Bluetooth Selfie Shutter Controllers are good devices to click good pictures. I would also consider them genius innovations, not only they help us with our social media feeds but also gives us a new perception about photography.
But Fotoshoto can potentially replace Bluetooth Selfie Shutter Controllers because it is pocket friendly, and easy to use, all you have to do it have it installed in two devices.
Please share your comments in the section given below. I would be happy to read your experiences.
Thanks for reading.